maanantai 15. tammikuuta 2007

Obedience



Nemi's obedience trainings are On Sunday. This is a little bit difficult day for trainings because I have so many weekends some other thing to do. And that's why we are so rarely in obed. train. For example on next weekend I'm in agility competitions in Kemi (with Merri)...

Luckily I can train obedience also at home, but there noone says nothing comments to us. So I don't know all our mistakes...

Well, couple words about yesterday's trainings:

First we trained contact (between dog and I), Nemi was first a little bit restless and barked - and then she did some tricks when she tried to get meatball ;) When she looked to my eyes she got something to eat.

Then we trained basic position - Nemi did it nice if I showed and helped her by hand or used "candy" (=meatball). If I just said "sivulle" she hasn't idea what to do.. This was quite intresting, so I have to train this more and more and teach to Nemi again what this word "sivulle" means and what she have to do when I say it...

Next we trained heel on leash, only 4-6 steps. Sometimes Nemi just sat next to me (on this basic postition) when I told her what to do ("seuraa").. she is just a dreamer
But when she heeled she has very nice contact and heeling place - but! I have to remember that I can't look at down or dog.. I should trust that Nemi can heel (without that I look her..)

And then I tried (it wasn't in trainer's schedule) "down in motion". We have had a little problem in this a long time, because Nemi is 1)go slow to down 2)not stay lay down... So we have trained lot of this "maahan" (down) thing.. I have give her candy or play with her if she go quick down.
So yesterday I tried first time it "like in obedience", she heeled and I said her "maahan" and she went down and I walked on and Nemi was still lay! I came back and give her a whole meatball I did it once again, and Nemi did again it right!


Today we have agility trains, I tell You about it perhaps on Wednesday.

Ei kommentteja: